Posted January 25th, 2016
Our Annual Fund provides critical funding to build affordable housing and provide emergency home repairs for local, deserving families in need. Approximately 90% of annual fund contributions help fund local constructions costs and program services. The other 10% pays it forward to Habitat for Humanity International, which provides safe, decent, affordable housing solutions for families all over the world.
A LOOK AT WHAT YOUR DONATION DID IN 2014-2015
- Completed construction & dedicated our 8th and 9th GNHFH home to two deserving families in Nashua.
- Broke ground on first Veterans Build project at 42 Nottingham Drive Nashua, to be dedicated in spring 2016.
- Held our second Women Build, with 75 volunteers building together and raising over $10,000.
- Facilitated several Critical Home Repair projects, including building two handicapped accessible ramps and repairing exterior siding.
- Purchase new-to-us trucks for our ReStore and build crew, increasing our work efficiency and productivity many times over.
- Fostered building our pipeline of acquiring properties for 2016 and 2017 projects, to be announced soon!
WHAT YOUR ANNUAL FUND DONATION CAN ACCOMPLISH IN 2016
- Finish our Veterans Build home for one deserving local family.
- Begin work on a new and exciting house construction project, to be announced soon!
- Bolster our Critical Home Repair program and increase the number of local families we serve by at least 200%.
- Acquire land and existing homes for new future projects.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Help us meet our fundraising goal of $20,000
- Please send a contribution, in any amount, to: GNHFH Annual Fund, PO Box 159, Nashua, NH 03061. Checks can be made payable to “GNHFH.”
- Give online. We promise — it’s safe & secure.
- A donation in any amount is appreciated; you will promptly receive a letter of our gratitude and a tax receipt.
Posted April 21st, 2015
We are now accepting applications from qualified military families for our Veterans Build home at 42 Nottingham Drive in Nashua, NH. Please take a look at our Veterans Build pamphlet for more information, or click on the appropriate link below to download an application:
If you have any questions, please call (603) 883-0295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 1st, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity Adds Two New Members to Board of Directors
Ken Recke and Jim Kelly sign on to improve affordable housing in Greater Nashua
January 22, 2015 — Nashua, N.H. – Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity (GNHFH) is pleased to announce the election of two new members to its Board of Directors, Mr. Ken Recke with UPS and Attorney James Kelly, who owns Kelly Law PLLC, located in Nashua.
A self-described “career UPS’er” for over 27 years, Mr. Recke is Director of Plant Engineering for the UPS Northeast District. As part of the UPS district leadership staff, Mr. Recke is an active member of the company’s crisis planning and preparedness Incident Response Team and Safety Council. He is also Chair of UPS’s Northeast District Congressional Awareness Committee, and is an avid supporter of the UPS Neighbor to Neighbor employee volunteer program and Women’s Business Resource Group. Mr. Recke earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from SUNY at Buffalo where he met his wife, Suzanne, who is an occupational therapist. He resides in Hollis with his wife and daughter.
Attorney Kelly earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Plymouth State University in 1995 and a law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2003. He was admitted to practice in the State of New Hampshire in 2004, the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the district of New Hampshire in 2010 and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 2014. Attorney Kelly currently maintains a solo general law practice in Nashua and just completed a nearly two-year engagement working for the New Hampshire Foreclosure Relief project as a staff attorney at The Legal Advice and Referral Center (New Hampshire Legal Aid) in Concord. Attorney Kelly is a past president of the Board of Directors of the Mount Washington Valley Addiction Treatment Solutions, as well as a former board member of the Arts Jubilee and Mount Washington Valley Preservation Association.
“The staff and current GNHFH board are thrilled to welcome Ken and Jim to work with us in improving affordable housing in the Greater Nashua area,” said GNHFH Board President Bill Stoughton. “Ken and Jim each bring a wealth of business acumen and experience, and we know they will do great things as part of our team.”
Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity (GNHFH), a local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, works in partnership with local communities to build and renovate houses for families in need. We create simple, decent and affordable homes to foster communities in which people can live and grow. For more information, visit www.nashuahabitat.org.