On Sunday, October 26, 2014, Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a dinner at LaBelle Winery, Amherst NH. This event will seat up to 220 people and will include dinner and specialty cocktails created by LaBelle Winery at a cash bar.
FOR TICKETS OR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL DIRECTOR@NASHABITAT.ORG
Tickets are available for $50 per person. Tables of 10 may be purchased for $500. The evening will include a cocktail hour, dinner, presentation and live auction. Auction items include a mixed case of LaBelle wines and a one-week stay at a luxury condo in Las Vegas. A walk through of the winery will be available at the end of the evening.
During the evening we will celebrate 20 years of Habitat for Humanity in Greater Nashua with pictures and stories of some of our projects. We will hear from some of our past partner families and talk about our plans for the future.
We will also announce that our affiliate is one of the newest participants with Habitat Veterans Build, Habitat for Humanity’s national initiative to provide housing solutions and volunteer and employment opportunities to U.S. veterans, military service members and their families.
The Veterans Build mission is focused on these five inter-related areas:
- Build: Provide simple, decent and affordable housing solutions for military, veterans and their families.
- Mobilize: Engage military members, veterans, families, veterans’ groups and all military supporters in volunteer programs and veteran-related advocacy.
- Employ: Capitalize on skill sets gained from military service with recruitment targeting veterans as Habitat for Humanity International/local affiliate employees, board members and extended volunteers, national service members, interns and fellows.
- Educate: Promote cultural competency for Habitat affiliates engaging military and veterans and provide access to financial literacy and homeownership education programs.
- Honor: Host regular slate of events highlighting veteran housing needs and honoring their service. Target dates include the 9/11 Day of Service, MLK Day and Veterans Day.
We are focusing on Veterans because
- Nearly 4 million veteran households pay more than 30 percent of income for housing.
- More than 1.5 million of these households pay more than 50 percent of income for housing (severe cost burden).
- Nearly 1 million veterans who own homes are severely cost burdened, despite having access to VA loans and other assistance.
- A substantial subset of veterans struggles economically. Approximately 1.4 million veterans (6.7 percent) live in poverty.
GNHFH will host our first Veterans Build event in late November. We will create an opportunity for veterans and active duty service members in our community to come together to help build our duplex on Chestnut Street in Nashua. They will get the opportunity to work with other veterans and alongside our partner families. We will have the opportunity to mobilize, employ and honor our service men and women and connect them to Habitat for Humanity is a mutually-fulfilling way.
Every $150 raised at our anniversary event will sponsor a veteran for the day. We hope to raise enough money to sponsor a veteran build crew of 20!
Please join us for a fun evening celebrating 20 years of Habitat for Humanity in Greater Nashua and honoring our veterans.