Where do your donations go?
When you make a contribution to Habitat for Humanity, the money is well spent. Our mission is to have a “world with no shacks.” In other words, we are dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Habitat works in partnership with people in need throughout the world building simple, decent, affordable housing, and with your help can make that happen.
Based on a Habitat 1120 square foot house that costs approximately $55,000 to build, a contribution of:
- $5,000 will buy the kitchen cabinetry and countertops
- $3,000 will buy the drywall
- $2,900 will buy the flooring
- $2,550 will buy the foundation concrete
- $1,900 will buy the insulation
- $1,800 will buy the vinyl siding
- $670 will buy the interior paint
- $500 will buy the water heater
- $300 will buy one exterior door
- $210 will buy one window
- $30 will buy the roofing nails
- $20 will buy the mailbox
So, be assured that no matter what your level of donation is, it will make our world a better place to live. Thank you.